alert City of Parramatta will soon no longer support this version of IE. Consider upgrading your browser now. Link

Development application (DA)

Application requirements

City of Parramatta Council only accepts Development Applications (which include modifications, Section 8.3 Review Applications and Subdivision Certificate Applications) through the NSW Planning Portal. 

Information with respect to documents that need to be provided with the Development Application when applying through the NSW Planning Portal can be found below. 

Before you prepare a development application (DA) for a major development such as a new building or major refurbishment, get in touch with our Development Advisory Team or Customer Contact Centre on (02) 9806 5050 or

You can also visit our Customer Contact Centre on the ground floor at 126 Church Street, Parramatta.

We'll help you find out:

  • whether your proposed development is permissible
  • whether a DA is actually required
  • how the City's plans, codes and policies affect your proposed development
  • the information and documents required to submit a DA
  • the required fees payable.

Stormwater Design and Management References

(Back to top)

Stormwater Design and Management References

Flood Assessment and Risk Management References

(Back to top)

Flood Assessment and Risk Management References

If you are a developer or owner-builder, there are important Commonwealth telecommunications rules you need to comply with. For more information visit

Construction certificate

(Back to top)

When you undertake any building or structural work, you'll need to get a construction certificate, previously known as a building application, in addition to securing consent with a DA.

A construction certificate certifies that the detailed construction plans and specifications are consistent with the development consent and complies with the Building Code of Australia.

The certificate is required prior to commencing work.

You can obtain a construction certificate from us or from an accredited private certifier.

For minor work such as partitioning, a joint DA and construction certificate submission may be made to City of Parramatta Council.

Planning instruments

(Back to top)

It is your responsibility to ensure the relevant planning controls and policies, also known as planning instruments, have been identified and satisfied.

We have a range of planning instruments that apply to various types of development and locations within the Parramatta Local Government Area.

Upcoming events