A Local Environmental Plan (LEP) is a legislative framework guiding the development of land in a local government area through land use zones and development controls.
An LEP consists of a written instrument and a series of maps. There are currently 5 LEPs that apply to different areas within the City of Parramatta Local Government Area:
- Auburn Local Environmental Plan 2010
- The Hills Local Environmental Plan 2012
- Holroyd Local Environmental Plan 2013
- Hornsby Local Environmental Plan 2013
- Parramatta Local Environmental Plan 2011
A planning proposal (also known as a rezoning application) is a request to change a LEP.
To lodge a Planning Proposal:
1. Seek initial preliminary advice from Council’s Land Use Planners as to the scope of the potential Planning Proposal. This initial consultation is free.
2. Request a Planning Proposal Pre-Lodgement meeting with Council’s Land Use Planners and pay the required Pre-Lodgement Consultation fees.
3. Prepare a Planning Proposal in accordance with NSW Planning and Environment’s Local Environmental Plan Making Guidelines and Council’s adopted land use strategies.
4. Submit the Planning Proposal to Council via the NSW Planning Portal and pay the required fees. Council will not consider the Planning Proposal formally lodged until it has been accepted via the NSW Planning Portal and the required fees are paid.
Fees(Back to top)
Fees applicable to planning proposals are set out on page 28 to 29 of the 2022/23 Schedule of Fees & Charges
Get in touch(Back to top)
If you would like to discuss a Planning Proposal, contact our Land Use Planning Team.