ClubGRANTS is one of Australia’s largest grant programs, providing more than $100 million in cash each year to a variety of worth causes across NSW. ClubGRANTS are available within the Parramatta LGA up to the value of $10,000 per application. The Parramatta ClubGRANTS program is sponsored by local clubs and administered by City of Parramatta Council.
Charities, sporting organisations and not-for-profit community groups are among tens-of-thousands of worthy causes funded through the state-wide program each year.
The following clubs in the Local Government Area participate in the program:
- Carlingford Bowling Club
- Club Parramatta
- Dundas Sports and Recreation Club
- Dooleys Waterview Club
- Northmead Bowling, Recreation & Sporting Club
- Parramatta Leagues Club
- The Epping Club
- Toongabbie Sports & Bowling Club
- Rosehill Bowling Club
- Vikings Sports Club
With the funds received, the Parramatta ClubGRANTS Local Committee aims to cover services and projects including Community Welfare and Social Services, Community Development, Community Health Services and Employment Assistance activities. The Committee has a set range of funding amounts - $500 to a maximum of $10,000 per project application. ClubGRANTS does not fund projects or services that can be readily assisted by an existing Government funding program.
Local needs and priorities for 2022(Back to top)
- Reduce social isolation and develop connectedness between communities and individuals, especially for groups with multiple barriers to participation including:
- people with disabilities
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- disengaged young people
- people of diverse genders and/or sexuality (LGBTQI)
- homeless people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- people over 55 years of age, particularly those living alone
- Assist with the development of community groups and organisations, particularly those that service new and emerging communities and issues
- Support families and the positive social, emotional and educational development of children
- Improve safety for families and communities including the prevention of domestic and family violence
- Provide funding for the development of sustainable social enterprises that encourage community driven local initiatives and the development of community spirit
- Target issues within a particular place or neighbourhood and seek to develop a local community-based response to local issues
- Aim to develop leadership skills for community groups and individuals
- Aim to deliver positive mental health outcomes to individuals and communities
- Promotion of green space within local neighbourhoods
- Support for the Arts and Culture, especially given downturn in 2020 due to Covid-19
- Support organisations to recover from Covid-19 and get back to business as usual, for example professional development, business planning
- Respond to an increased need for basic crisis support for individuals and families, not able to be met by existing funded projects.
How to apply(Back to top)
Applying for ClubGRANTS funding is quick and easy. To be eligible to apply, you must be a not-for-profit organisation within the Parramatta LGA and provide the following project and/or services:
- community welfare or social services
- community development
- community health services or employment assistance activities
You are also eligible if you or your organisation is involved in community or professional sport.
ClubGRANTS Information Sessions(Back to top)
The City of Parramatta is delivering short information sessions for organisations and people interested in applying for the Parramatta ClubGRANTS. The ClubGRANTS Round opens on 1 April 2022 and closes on 2 May 2022.
Further information and registration via Bookable.
ClubGRANTS workshop (online)
Session 1: 4 April 2022 10am – 11am
Session 2: 20 April 2022 2pm – 3pm