The Parramatta Cultural Heritage and Stories Research Fund supports research projects which add to and support the knowledge of Parramatta’s history and cultural heritage. The fund aims to encourage research which documents and interprets the stories of Parramatta for the benefit of current and future generations. Grant applications must demonstrate the significance and relevance of the research topic to Parramatta’s cultural heritage and history. Applications should aim to enhance knowledge in areas that have not been previously researched.
Grant Information Sessions(Back to top)
In the lead up to our Annual Grants Round, the City of Parramatta Council delivers short information sessions for Organisations and individuals that are interested in applying.
As our 2023 Annual Community Grants round is closed, we currently have no Information Sessions available.
Category objectives(Back to top)
Priority will be given to research projects which explore:
- Aboriginal heritage (for example: traditional and contemporary culture);
- Social histories (for example: aspects of everyday life, people who have made significant contribution to the community);
- Significant heritage sites and structures in the Parramatta LGA (built or natural environment);
- Contemporary heritage (for example: living histories, or contemporary cultural trends)
Available funding(Back to top)
$20,000 is allocated to the Cultural Heritage and Stories Research Grant.
The maximum funding available to any one project in this category is $10,000.
How to Apply(Back to top)
All applications for funding grants are completed online through SmartyGrants.
You only need to register once. If you previously applied via SmartyGrants you can use your existing password and login.
Program timelines(Back to top)
This program is open once a year. Projects must start after January 1 2023. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit a progress report within 6 months of commencement of project
- Submit a final acquittal report due date 30th January 22024 (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future fending requests.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9806 5110.