This grant is designed to increase participation in local sport and recreation activities, particularly in regards to the inclusion of:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
- Disengaged young people;
- Newly arrive migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants;
- People experiencing homelessness; people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- People living with disabilities;
- People of diverse genders and/or sexuality (LGBTI);
- People over 55 years of age, particularly those living alone;
- Women and girls.
Please check the Parramatta Local Government Area boundary map, inserting your organisation address to see if you qualify for City of Parramatta funding opportunities.
Available funding(Back to top)
$60,000 is allocated to the Sport and Recreation Grant.
The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000.
City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Program timelines(Back to top)
Applications are open all year round. Assessments for the Quarterly round will be done on the following dates:
- 3 May 2023, Wednesday
- 2 August 2023, Wednesday
- 1 November 2023, Wednesday
- 2 February 2024, Friday
- 3 May 2024, Friday
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made. To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
How to Apply(Back to top)
All applications for funding grants are completed online through SmartyGrants.
You only need to register once. If you previously applied via SmartyGrants you can use your existing password and login.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9806 5110.