The Parramatta Cultural Heritage and History Projects Fund supports projects which add to and support the knowledge of Parramatta’s history and cultural heritage. The fund aims to encourage projects which documents and interprets the stories of Parramatta for the benefit of current and future generations. Grant applications must demonstrate the significance and relevance of the project’s topic to Parramatta’s cultural heritage and history. Applications should aim to enhance knowledge in areas that have not been previously researched.
Grant Information Sessions
In the lead to our Annual Community Grants Round, the City of Parramatta Council will deliver a short information for Community Groups and individuals that are interested in applying. Please click on a link below to register for one the session:
Category objectives(Back to top)
Priority will be given to research projects which explore:
- Aboriginal heritage (for example: traditional and contemporary culture);
- Social histories (for example: aspects of everyday life, people who have made significant contribution to the community);
- Significant heritage sites and structures in the Parramatta LGA (built or natural environment);
- Contemporary heritage (for example: living histories, or contemporary cultural trends)
Finance Documents Required(Back to top)
Council administers Community Grants as the custodian of public funds. Council needs to know that recipients can manage funds and provide financial accountability.
For funding requests of amounts between $5,001 - $25,000, applicants are required to provide supporting financial documents per one of the categories below, depending on the Total Annual Revenue (TAR) for your organisation . Please visit the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) website to find out which Category you fall in to:
- Category 1: If your organisation is medium or large according to the ACNC for the 2021 Annual Information Statement (TAR of $250,000 or above) - Council requires the most recent audited financial statements (last 12 months), signed by an accredited and independent Auditor or accountant as part of your application. Please note that for requested amounts between $20,001 and $25,000, Council requires these financial statements for the past 24 months.
- Category 2: If your organisation is small according to the ACNC 2021 Annual Information Statement (TAR under $250,000) OR your organisation has only registered within the previous 12 months and an audited financial statement is not available, Council requires the following as part of your application:
- Profit and Loss Statement (certified by an accredited independent accountant)*
- Organisational Balance Sheet (last 12 months)*
*Please note: for funding applications between $20,001 and $25,000, Council requires these documents for the past 24 months (if you’re organisation has been in existence for over 12 months.
Program timelines(Back to top)
This program is open once a year. For our 2024 round, all projects must start after January 1, 2024. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit a progress report within 6 months of commencement of project
- Submit a final acquittal report due date 30th January 2025 (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future fending requests.
How to Apply(Back to top)
All applications for funding grants are completed online through SmartyGrants.
You only need to register once. If you previously applied via SmartyGrants you can use your existing password and login.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call 9806 5110 or 0455 876 255.