alert City of Parramatta will soon no longer support this version of IE. Consider upgrading your browser now. Link

Public land

(Back to top)

To report overgrown weeds on public land such as roundabouts, call us on 9806 5000 with the details of the location.

We will assess the urgency of the work and include it in a maintenance program for completion in accordance with the appropriate priority.

Sewer leaks

(Back to top)

Sewer overflows pose a significant risk to public health and the environment.

Private sewers

Defects or overflows from a private sewer line are the responsibility of the property owner where the sewer line is located.

If you have a blocked or defective sewer pipe, you should contact a licensed plumber as soon as possible.

Complaints about overflowing or blocked sewer pipes on other properties can be lodged with City of Parramatta.

Making a complaint

If you have a complaint about sewer leaks from properties owned by the NSW Department of Housing call 1300 468 746.

If you have a complaint about sewer leaks from the public sewer call Sydney Water on 13 20 90.

Overland water flow

(Back to top)

Drainage and overland water flow occurrence issues are a common concern for residents.

The City of Parramatta can issue an order on the owner or occupier of a premises to take action to control the flow of surface water across their land, if it can be satisfied that other land, or a building on the land or other land, is being damaged or is likely to be damaged as a result of the overflow.

If you have concerns regarding overland water flow from a neighbouring premises, you'll need to submit photographic evidence to us to demonstrate any damage caused to your land or property.

We can only regulate overland water flow that is being caused or exacerbated by the action or inaction of a neighbouring premises.

Council cannot regulate water that is caused by natural seepage or water that is flowing into a property due to the downward slope, downward proximity, or development designs of another property.

Get in touch

(Back to top)

You can make a complaint to our Customer Contact Centre on (02) 9806 5050 or at

Or you can send a letter to City of Parramatta, PO Box 32, Parramatta, NSW 2124.

Upcoming events