If you have a great idea that would benefit the local community but just need a kick-start to get it off the ground, or if you're looking to expand or move your social enterprise to Parramatta, our Social Enterprise Grants program may be able to help.
What we fund(Back to top)
Our grant may provide funding or another related benefit, such as a mentoring and advisory services to local organisations and businesses.
With a total pool of $80,000 per financial year in funding for social enterprise grants, our program covers a wide range of services and projects that directly benefit 1 or more of our Strategic Plan areas which include the following:
- people and neighbours
- culture and sport
- leadership and governance.
Eligibility(Back to top)
To be eligible for this grant, all applicants must provide:
- a clear description of ‘theory of change’ for your social enterprise explaining how what you are doing will achieve positive outcomes in line with your mission
- evidence of procedure or rules ensuring majority of profits are reinvested into the enterprise and are not allocated to shareholders, owners or members, or a plan for how this will be achieved during the funding period
- evidence of a bank account in the name of the applicant (or the organisation providing support) with a minimum of two signatories, and a set of audited accounts or sufficient evidence that accounts and records are administered in a professional manner
- a work plan detailing how the project will be undertaken to ensure that it can be completed within the funding period. The work plan needs to relate to activities relevant to the development of the business plan not the development of the social enterprise itself.
Applicants also need to meet certain criteria for each proposed project before lodging a request.
Social Enterprise Business Planning Grants(Back to top)
Grants of up to $2,000 are available to:
1. Assist existing local social enterprises to engage an external professional service that can assist with the ongoing operation and sustainability of the business (such as marketing, web design, and book-keeping)
2. Provide funding for existing not-for-profit organisations who are at the concept development stage of a social enterprise project and need assistance in the research, development and writing of a social enterprise business plan.
Project funds for business plans can be used to engage the services of a business planning consultant, or to fund the research activities and staff time associated in writing a business plan.
Growing Social Enterprise in Parramatta(Back to top)
Designed to fund existing social enterprises that have demonstrated their ability to be sustainable and achieve high-impact on their social mission, and are seeking to grow and expand their operations.
Applications must relate to:
- Funding specific projects designed to expand the reach of their business
- Enabling existing successful social enterprises to re-locate to the Parramatta Local Government Area.
Additional supporting documents(Back to top)
In order to be eligible for funding, all applications need to be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- a copy of your organisation’s latest annual financial report;
- a quotation for any equipment purchases over $300.
If you are successful in your application, you'll need to show appropriate insurance coverage for the funded activity and attached the Certificate of Currency to your application.
Assessment process(Back to top)
Our officers will assess all grant applications in relation to the assessment criteria for each program and these will be provided to Council for final approval. We will contact all applicants about the outcome of their application.
Successful applicants are required to participate in a range of capacity building activities to support their work.
Contact us(Back to top)
Assistance is available to organisations and individuals interested in applying for a social enterprise grant. Please contact our Community Capability Building team at email@example.com