City of Parramatta Council is inviting submissions on housekeeping amendments to the Parramatta City Centre Local Infrastructure Contributions Plan 2022.
This exhibition is required under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021 as it seeks to replace Parramatta City Centre Local Infrastructure Contributions Plan 2022 – Amendment No 1.
All submissions are to be received by 5pm on Friday 1 March 2024.
This current draft amendment (Amendment No. 2) seeks to make changes to the Plan as outlined below:
- bring forward the timing of payment of the contribution to Council from prior to the issue of an occupation certificate, to prior to the issue of a construction certificate.
- strengthen controls relating to the obligations of certifiers, including to make clear that Council (not the certifier) will determine the cost of development and contribution applicable for any development approved (including complying development certificates).
- include notations that discounts to contributions will not be applied and that credits will not be made for existing development as the plan is made under Section 7.12 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979.
- include a definition relating to affordable housing and social housing exemptions within the Plan.
- make minor administrative changes to the Plan to better align with language outlined within the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and Regulation, fix minor typographical errors, include reference to relevant Ministerial Directions, include a Plan amendment table, and update the referenced options for payment of development contributions.
Making a submission
To learn more or make a submission, please visit
Hard copies of the draft amendment can also be viewed at:
- Ground Floor, 126 Church Street, Parramatta (Monday to Friday: 8.30am-4.30pm)
- Parramatta Library - Level 1 at PHIVE, 5 Parramatta Square (Monday to Thursday: 9:00am-8:00pm, Friday to Sunday: 9:00am-5:00pm)
Submissions close at 5pm on Friday 1 March 2024.
If you would like to speak to someone over the phone in another language, call TIS National on 131 450 for a free interpreting service. Let them know you want to speak to City of Parramatta Council and your chosen language and they will connect you.
If you are deaf and/or find it hard hearing or speaking with people who use a phone, please contact the National Relay Service at relayservice.gov.au and provide them the City of Parramatta contact number, 1300 617 058.